Having a hard time choosing which pair of shoes to wear? Or do you have lots of shoes but are not sure when and where to wear them? Women know the struggle. People-or should we say, “Men”? – claim that women are choosy and slow decision-makers when it comes to any kind of “buying”. While we can all agree to that, it does not just end there. “Choosing among the chosen things” is another.
Other than having no other pair of shoes at all, one thing that makes it hard for women to choose their shoes is that they have a lot. Aside from throwing away all the other options and leaving one pair, women, ask yourself: “What kind of event am I going to? appear? Can I handle this? ” These are some questions you might need to answer to less the struggle of selection. You'll be the one to answer for yourself.
There are various styles and kinds of footwear for women, ranging in a variety of innumerable designs and styles. To help less women's selection struggle, here are some tips on how to choose the best shoes for any time and place.
1. Comfy and Sporty: Rubber Shoes
Rubber shoes are the best type of shoes to keep your feet safe, warm and clean anytime and anywhere.
- Physical Education classes require students to wear rubber shoes because the composition of these shoes is softer and more flexible, which will prevent possible injuries from any physical activity, or unexpected situations.
- For manual car drivers (especially for women), I recommend using rubber shoes while driving because it lessens, or advances, pain and cramps in the muscle feet. Flat and doll shoes usually have thinner soles compared to rubber shoes which make it painful for the feet if overused.
- More challenging physical activities and sports that demand a lot of running, walking, jumping or climbing required the use of rubber shoes. The dirt, damage and hurt which may be caused by traveling on rocky, rough and muddy roads is also preverted using these.
Make sure that you pair up rubber shoes with clothes that will not make you look too rugged but not too sporty (if you do not need a sporty look).
2. Skate Shoes
Skate shoes somehow look like the usual rubber shoes, but their bodies and soles may differ. They usually have plain bodies with minimal designs; running shoes have more texture, designs and color and are foamy. Skate shoes soles are usually flat; running shoes soles are more rubbery with hump designs or spikes, making them ideal for some sports.
- Wearing these is a safe decision for any event which is not formal and not just for skateboarding.
- They can be paired with dresses, pants, shorts and skirts.
Some skate shoes have thick soles which make them helpful if you want to add height.
3. Elegant and Girly: Ballet Flats or Closed Doll Shoes
These can be matched with skirt, pants, shorts or dresses. Their comfort differs depending on the material used and composition.
Some ballet flats are made of soft material. It's actually a safe partner for any kind of attire but not much for boyish looks. However, if you're wearing these kind of flat shoes, and it rains hard you'll have cold and wet feet, which is very uncomfortable.
Some are made of harder and tougher material, which may have metal designs on top. You can wear this kind if you do not want to look too formal but at the same time not too informal.
They look more elegant and they can be an alternative for high heels (if wearing high heels are not compulsory at all).
4. Peeking Toes: Open-toe Flat Sandals
Open-toe flat sandals are recommended for casual occasions. Use them if the ground on your way to and at your destination is not dangerous for your toes.
Some of them have a lot of straps, and some have none at all. If you're going to amusement parks to ride extreme rides, do not wear non-strap sandals or do not wear sandals at all. Why? They might fall off if you're riding a high ride or one that turns you upside down. You might hurt your feet as well if your sandals are not closed.
5. Friendly Heels: Wedge Heels
Some wedge heels are closed toes and some are not. They can be used for casual events and ordinary days. Next to stiletto heels, they should not be used for formal wear.
Admittedly, wedge heels are more bearable than stiletto heels as they give more support to the feet. If you're not used to wearing stiletto heels, you'll know that wedge heels give a wonderful kind of relief.
6. Survival Mode: Stiletto Heels
Like wedge dogs, this kind is what you need if you are a short girl who needs a bit more height. But you need to be ready because it's definitely challenging, most especially if you are not the kind of girl who likes wearing heels.
Stiletto heels and other heels which resemble them are different from wedge shoes and can also be used for formal or semi-formal events.
Some have straps, and that's great! Some do not, and that's more difficult! If you really want to wear this type of shoe be sure you can survive the experience.
- These kind of shoes are worn during grad balls and proms because, besides from perfectly fitting the long gowns to make the girls taller, they add elegance and a “princess” kind of feeling.
- High heels are also worn in events like these: legal cases, graduation day, debuts, job interviews, business meetings and other formal / semi-formal events.
Be careful walking in these heels, especially if the pathways are rough. Holes and cracks on the floor are the usual reasons why he gets stuck or the ones wearing them trip.
So What Do You Choose?
Make sure you love your clothes-shoes combination so you'll certainly be confident as you walk [or run]. If you're not happy with what you're wearing, it's a waste of money; choose what you really like.
Be mindful of the size and fit. If you need an allowance size, that is, a slightly larges show size, do not get too much of an allowance. Wearing shoe corks does not work if the permission is too big. On the other hand, do not choose tight shoes. They will hurt your feet and make walking difficult. Pick the perfect size.
Choosing shoes is one of the easiest, yet also, the hardest part of a woman's daily and occasional routines. The most important thing is to choose your shoes for comfort. Beautiful and expensive footwear is nothing if you have a bad day because of it. If you're comfortable with what you're wearing, you will unduly be confident with yourself.
Choose your shoes wisely and practically so that you'll have a wise saving, a good day, happy feet and an unworried you! As the Chinese proverb goes, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step,” may your decisions in choosing your shoes lead your feet to magnificent places and take you to wonderful adventures in the small and big events of your life.